Friday, July 15, 2011

On My Wishlist





On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City where you list books that you are eager to read.


Well, on my wishlist today is a book I read about just hours ago. The Eleventh Little Nigger by Jacquemard Senecal.


The book, inspired by Agatha Christie's Ten Little Niggers, is a murder mystery where players of a dramatic company are found dead just as they are about to present a dramatic version of Christie's book. I got to know of this interesting book thru John's review.
For those interested, here's the link:
http://prettysinister.blogspot.com/2011/07/ffb-eleventh-little-indian-jacquemard.html


To see what others are wishing for, go here:
http://www.bookchickcity.com/2011/07/on-my-wishlist-80.html

5 comments:

  1. New Follower,,,and you have an interesting book there on your wish list..
    thanks for sharing
    JEnnifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look this book up because I was a little confused and astound by the title...apparently the Agatha Christie titled was changed.

    The concept sounds interesting though, basing it around an Agatha Christie story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer and Hannah for having a look.
    Hannah, the Christie book has three titles in all: Ten Little Niggers
    Ten Little Indians
    (and the politically correct) And Then There Were None.

    Jennifer, thanks for following the blog. Hope you enjoy the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND THEN THERE WERE NONE alway was the best (at least most evocative!) title.

    Neer, in answer to your query on my blog, yes, you certainly can multipurpose a "forgotten" books entry, and I'm unaware of the bandge function you asked about. We do things pretty straightforwardly, with simple links to the relevant blogposts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised they picked that version of the title to parody for their book. My featured wishlist is Rapunzel's Daughters. Please come see what else is on my plate.

    ReplyDelete