Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reading Challenge # 17: European Reading




Now that I am on a roll, I am signing up for the European Reading Challenge hosted by Rose City Reader. As the name makes clear, the goal is to read books either by European authors or set in European countries. There are different levels one can particiapte in and I am going for the highest level: Deluxe Entourage which entails that I'll be reading at least five books by different authors or set in five different countries. There are other challenge categories too to make it more interesting. Also there are a number of prizes. Interested? Go here to sign-up:

http://www.rosecityreader.com/p/european-reading-challenge.html

Some of the books I might read:

Eric Ambler's A Coffin for Dimitrios
Charles Dickens' The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Franz Kafka's America

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for signing up! Great ideas for books. I look forward to seeing which five you ultimately read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined the European Reading Challenge as well and am browsing a little through the participant's list. I'm so interested to see what everyone's reading for the challenge!
    And you already choose some books! Wow! I will just see how things go I guess ;)
    But I'm looking forward to read what you thought of the books so I will come back for more! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cessie for being interested in the blog. I am also looking forward to what you'll be reading for the challenge. Happy Reading to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I have lost track of whether you finished the European Reading Challenge or not. There is a Wrap Up page available, so if you do a wrap up post, please add your link on the page.

    ReplyDelete