Saturday, February 4, 2012

Theme Thursday: Eyes


Theme Thursdays

Bev @ My Reader's Block, participates regularly in Theme Thursday meme. This time I decided to do so too.

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event, hosted by Reading between pages, that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)

This week’s theme is very related to the eye – any action that you do with your eye.

SEE
WINK, VISION, ROLL etc



Here's mine:

The most remarkable feature of Mrs. Thrawn's face was her eyes. They were light hazel, luminous, compelling eyes, and as Ivy Lexton advanced rather timidly towards her they became dilated, as if with a sudden shock of gripping, overwhelming surprise.

(The Story of Ivy by Belloc Lowndes, 17)

6 comments:

  1. So glad you're joining in! And you found a good one. Lots to do with the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the book is absolutely amazing too, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this is an awesome meme!! Love the passage you chose. Also, how's Drood??? I've been wanting to read that forever!

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you La Toya for having a look in. Do participate in the meme. It's pretty interesting. Sorry could not reply to you sooner as I was away. I have made little progress on Drood. Presently, it is interesting but macabre. I am reserving my judgement on it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds quite intriguing, Neer.

    When I'm back to one hundred percent full speed ahead - I think I'll join in.

    But not at the moment. I need a bit of breathing room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book is wonderful, Yvette. I'll be posting a review soon. Hope you are soon racing ahead once you have had your breather. :)

    ReplyDelete