Tuesday, April 17, 2012

P is for P as in Psychology

"With a P as in Psychology," is the refrain of Thompson, a character in the Tintin universe. This phrase is used by him to distinguish himself from his twin Thomson.

 "Thomson and Thompson."
"Thompson. With a P as in psychology."

There is also P.G. Wodehouse's iconic Psmith (Ronald Eustace Psmith) who also spells his surname with a
P as in Psychology.

 His creator, though, has a fulfledged Pelham to his credit.


*

Do you know of similar names?

*

Entry for letter P.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Blogger,

    You are very imaginative. I would have never thought of such an entry for "P".

    Nitu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Not-so-anonymous Commentator

    It is not imagination, it is being short-of-time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the entry for "Q" too. I did not know that Azad was called Quicksilver. Somehow, his picture always reminds me of Bhapaji.

      Delete
    2. To me Balraj Sahni, singing Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen is how I visualise Bhapaji to be. And imagine Jhaiji as laughing shyly (a la Achala Sachdev).

      Delete