Monday, December 31, 2012

Challenge Complete: Merely mystery

This year a challenge that I greatly enjoyed was the one hosted by Musings of a bookish kitty.

One had to read mysteries in various categories. I went for the higher level, i.e, I read a book for each of the 12 categories.

Here are the books read


Caper Stories: The Story of Ivy by Belloc Lowndes
Whodunnit: The Slippery Staircase by E.C.R Lorac
Professional ThrillerA Coffin for Dimitrios by Eric Ambler
Cozy: The Crime at Black Dudley by Margery Allingham
Historical Mystery: The Successor by Ismail Kadare
Inverted Detective: The Beast Must Die by Nicholas Blake
Locked Room: He Who Whispers by John Dickson Carr
Psychological: Drood by Dan Simmons
Spy Novel: The Double Traitor by E. Phillips Oppenheim
Police Procedural: Black and Blue by Ian Rankin
Hard Boiled/ Noir: The Quiet Twin by Dan Vyleta
Spoofs & Parodies: The Curious Case of 221 B by Partha Basu


This again was fun and I hope it's hosted next year too.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the challenge! I am in awe of those who were able to read a book for every category. Thank you for participating in my challenge. I wasn't the best of hosts, I'm afraid, but really appreciate the effort everyone put in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations also on being the winner in the Merely Mystery Reading Challenge Giveaway! I am having trouble finding your e-mail address; if you don't mind e-mailing me your mailing address and choice of book ($30 limit), I will get it in the mail to you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God! What can I say! I am in the seventh heaven right now. Thank You so very much.

      Delete