Thursday, January 17, 2013

Blog of the Year 2012

A Blog Of The Year Award For Me!

And naturally I am over the moon.

Bev @ My Reader's Block is one of the most generous bloggers I know. And now she has selected me as one of those deserving The Blog of the Year award. Thanks a lot, Bev.



Here are the rules:

1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award at The Thought Palette. and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join the Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…


I am presenting the award to the following blogs (in no particular order):

Caroline @ Beauty is a Sleeping Cat

Caroline is one of the most gracious bloggers I know of. Comments on her posts never go unanswered. She hosts an event called Literature and War Readalong, and co-hosts The German Literature Month every year.  A prolific reader, the best thing about Caroline is that she doesn't confine herself to merely English literature but reads across a wide variety of literature in other languages.

Sergio @ Tipping my Fedora

Sergio is again a very gracious blogger, commenting on your post and responding to your comments. His extensive knowledge about mysteries of yore make his blog a terrific read.

Rob @ ... the slightly eccentric diary of Rob Z. Tobor

I am so glad to have discovered Rob's blog. His family: Dad, Mom, (not to forget) the Dog, will have you in splits. How does he come across these mad ideas, I have no clue.

Prashant @ Chess, Comics, Crosswords, Books, Music, Cinema

The title of Prashant's blog is quite a mouthful.:) But then these are his favourite things and he writes about them beautifully, always adding something to your knowledge.

Yvette @ in so many words...

I learnt so much about blogging from Yvette. She was the first follower of my blog and I can't explain how tremendous a boost it was to know that somebody was interested to know what you were babbling about. Thank You, Yvette.

Bev @ My Reader's Block

Bev is addicted to Reading Challenges and also a very generous and encouraging host of three Reading Challenges (including my all-time favourite: Vintage Mystery). Her reading and reviewing speed leaves me out of breath!

Jane @ Hotchpot Cafe

Jane, like Bev, is a very generous blogger. She makes even the hunt for a house sound exciting. Jane also hosts an interesting Reading Challenge: Birth Year Honors.

Deb @ The Book Stop

Deb's blog makes me reflect on my reading and my responses to the texts read.

John @ Pretty Sinister Books

How can I not mention John's iconic blog?

*

There are many more deserving of this award but I am sticking to number 9 which I have always considered mine.


*

23/1/2013

A second star from Sergio @ Tipping my Fedora. Thanks a lot Sergio. It is very kind of you.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! Here's to many more delightful vintage books, challenges, and posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kashmir Tour Packages - Kashmir is the most wondering place in the India. this is known as heaven on earth. now it becomes a tourist spot. most tourist want to visit Kashmir and see the natural beauty of the nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neer, while you totally deserve your award from Bev, you are much too kind to present me one. I look forward to a year of wonderful reviews of some equally wonderful books on your blog as well as reading your contributions to the challenges you have enrolled in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words Neer - you re very generous and it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you I will do my bit later on when I stop playing in all the snow......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting the coveted Best of 2012 award, neer. ;^) You're another one of the bloggers who manages to read umpteen million blogs and always lets us know you're out there and what's on your mind. I don't know how you have the time read all those blogs and your books.

    If you were sitting next to me you'd see I'm turning red a bit. One star was more than enough, but I'm grateful all the same. Thanks for that. I have way too much to live up to now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you so much for the award and the very kind words, Neer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're more than welcome, Neer. And thank you for my extra star on the Blog of the Year walk of fame - I exagerate. Ha.

    Doesn't it feel good to be appreciated?

    ReplyDelete