Monday, January 28, 2013

Challenge Complete: Birth Year 2012 - Honors

With the reading and reviewing of Mildred Wirt's Behind the Green Door, I have successfully completed the Birth Year 2012 - Honors Reading Challenge hosted @ Hotchpot Cafe. I was committed to reading two books each from the years 1940 and 1946.



Here are the books read:

Behind the Green Door by Mildred A. Wirt (1940)
The Holocaust House by Norbert Davis (1940)
He Who Whispers by J.D. Carr (1946)
The King's General by Daphne du Maurier (1946)

This is one of my favourite challenges and if Jane hosts it again, I'll be participating in it.

7 comments:

  1. Well done! I'm very glad you enjoyed the BYRC! Prize list coming to you soon via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Are you planning to host it this year too?

      Delete
    2. Yes, after some consideration. New version coming soon!

      Delete
  2. Great going, Neer! I have a pile of Mildred A. Wirt's ebooks but haven't got around to reading any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prashant. I don't know whether I'll be reading any more of Wirt as the book was a little too simplistic for my liking. But one never knows...

      Looking forward to your views on her.

      Delete
  3. Well done. I am amazed by how many books you manage to read. I always find reading much harder than writing, and typing correctly harder than both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. And I am continuously amazed at how you come up with those mad ideas and write about them in such a funny manner.

      People sulking over the fiasco of the world not ending in 2012...:)

      Delete