Monday, December 31, 2012

Reading Challenge 1: 2013 TBR Pile

As the New Year is ushered in, I am signing up for the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge, hosted by Adam @ Roof Beam Reader. The goal is to read twelve books from your TBR pile that have been gathering dust for more than a year.



I am more than pleased to have successfully completed the 2012 version, so here's my list for 2013. All the books have a publication date prior to 2012 and have been on my shelves for quite a while.

1. Beloved Witch by Ipsita Roy Chakraverti
2. Bombay Rains, Bombay Girls by Anirban Bose
3. Espresso Tales by Alexander McCall Smith
4. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
5. In Matto's Realm by Friedrich Glauser
6. Kartography by Kamila Shamsie
7. Killing the Angel in the House: Seven Essays by Virginia Woolf
8. Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr. Brian Weiss
9. The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
10. Questions You always wanted to ask about English by Maxwell Nurnberg
11. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
12. Visions from the Afterlife by Sylvia Browne


The two alternates are:

1. Arogyaniketan by Tarashankar Bandyopadhyay
2. Greek Literature for the Modern Reader by H.C. Baldry

If you too want to sign-up for the challenge, please follow the link above. Remember the last date is 5th of January 2013.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back for 2013! The only of these I've read is The Eyre Affair, which was great fun. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam. I've heard great things about The Eyre Affair so am excited about it. Thanks for hosting the challenge once again.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Neer! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks valli. Happy 2013 and Happy reading to you too.

      Delete
  3. The books gathering dust in my TBR pile would include more than half the books in my collection. Good luck with the reading challenge and a happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you should take part in such challenges, Prashant. They make a small (but atleast a small) dent in your TBR pile. Otherwise I used to buy books and put them on the shelves and then go and borrow books from the library and read those...

      Thanks for your wishes and a very happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  4. Neer, I'm tempted to take part in reading challenges but I'm not quite sure I'll be able to fulfill the commitment. Once in, I'm in. I intend to read more books this year and clear some of the pile. It's another thing that I added six more a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious about the six. Do tell.

      Delete