Saturday, May 25, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56




Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme sponsored by Rose City Reader in which one shares the opening of a book. Here's mine from a book recently read:

I was sitting outside the Commodore's mansion, waiting for my brother Charlie to come out with news of the job.




 The Friday 56 is a weekly meme sponsored by Freda's Voice in which one shares an extract from page 56 of any book. Here's mine:

She made no effort to camouflage her dislike of me and I thought it prudent to warn her, 'My brother is not as patient as I am, ma'am, and he is in poor spirits this morning. He asks for a scorching hot bath and he had better get one. He is not one you will wish to upset, and you can take my word for it.'

Wondering about the brothers? Well, they are killers on hire and you can read all about them in Patrick DeWitt's The Sisters Brothers.


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting... sounds like her brother is not one to be toyed with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neeru - You chose some terrific beginnings here. I especially like that conflict set up in the beginning of The Sisters Brothers

    ReplyDelete