Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays and Tuesday Intros



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading in which one shares a couple of sentences from a current read.

Here's mine from Josephine Bell's Death in Retirement.

"I am not suggesting you needed more than five minutes - for what you were doing."

Muriel gasped. Dr. Clayton's words were ordinary enough, but instead of the warm air of sympathy that had enveloped her speech so far, an icy, hostile blast quite suddenly swept about the room. Muriel lost her head. (pg. 91)






Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted by Diane @ Bibliophile by the Sea in which one shares the opening of a book. Here's mine from Simon R. Green's Drinking Midnight Wine.


BRADFORD-ON-AVON is an old town, and not all of its ghosts sleep the sleep of the just.


10 comments:

  1. I'd have to read more before deciding about this one, but hope that you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, it does seem very different.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Freda. The book does keep one guessing.

      Delete
  3. Neeru - I always appreciate an author who tries a different sort of approach. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, I wish you'd read both the books. I'd love to read your views on them.

      Delete
  4. interesting teaser.. now i am very intrigued

    my teaser tuesday
    http://wp.me/p3v5T1-54

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is definitely worth a read.

      Delete
  5. I just realized how very prolific Simon R. Green is. This seems to be from anoter series. Ive read the first from the NIghtside and got another Ghost Hunter series here.
    I hope you will review it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does seem to be very prolific. And suddenly, his name seems to be everywhere. I have started reading it and hopefully will finish and review it soon enough.

      Delete