Wednesday, October 9, 2013

German Literature Month 2013

One of my favourite blogging events of the year is about to begin. As in the last two years, Caroline @ Beauty is a Sleeping Cat and Lizzie @ Lizzy's Literary Life are co-hosting The German Literature Month this November too.



I have had a lot of fun participating in the event: have discovered some wonderful authors and books and have read some great posts on German texts.

Here are the books that I have read for the event in the previous editions:

Amerika by Franz Kafka

The Land of Green Plums by Herta Muller

The Murder Farm by Andrea Maria Schenkel

The Reader by Bernhard Schlink

Visitation by Jenny Erpenbeck








This year I plan to read (amongst others) In Matto's Realm by Freiedrich Glauser; Beware of Pity by Stefan Zweig; and finish Lenz by Peter Schneider. I'd also love to read a text by a female author as this time Caroline and Lizzy are focussing on German women writers (though going by the books read, I have, in fact, read more female authors than male).

Details of the event can be found over here:

http://beautyisasleepingcat.wordpress.com/2013/09/23/announcing-german-literature-month-iii-november-2013/

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links and for participating, neer.
    There are a lot of great women authors but they don't seem to get enough attention. I hope this year will make people discover some new authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Caroline (and to Lizzie) for making this one of the most anticipated events.

      Delete
  2. Neeru - You've chosen some interesting books! I'll be very much looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Margot. That's a big boost.

      Delete
  3. Sounds great Neer - been too long since I read a German book (in fact, not sure I've ready any this year - yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sergio. Why don't you participate too? It'd be fun.

      Delete