Thursday, August 28, 2014

Top Ten (+ 3) Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish. Every week one can submit a list of 10 books on a predecided topic. This week the hosts have asked us to list the books one wants to read but doesn't own yet.

Right now, the 1932-33 Ashes series between England and Australia interests me the most. I have already purchased/ been gifted a few books regarding the series but there are a whole lot of them out there which I really want to own (Unfortunately most of them are out of print). As I could not stop at 10. here are 13 of them. 










































6 comments:

  1. Well, I certainly never knew there were this many books on the topic! My brother would love these as he is the cricket fanatic int he family - thanks Neeru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio, there are quite a few more. I would love to discuss this series with your brother.:)

      Delete
  2. Neeru - What an interesting topic! And I'm impressed that you found 13 books on the topic, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, there are quite a few more. It is the most chronicled of all cricket series. Thanks for having a look.

      Delete
  3. Neer, I didn't know you enjoyed cricket so much. Some of these titles are tempting but I'm so put off by the game that I doubt I'll ever read anything on cricket save for Wodehouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cricket bores me Prashant. It is just this series that I find fascinating. Also I hate the shabby way Jardine and Larwood were treated by the establishment once the English had won the Ashes.

      Delete