Monday, October 6, 2014

Mount TBR 2014: Check_Point


It's check-point time in the Mount TBR Challenge hosted by Bev @ My Reader's Block.



Nine months into this challenge and I find myself sitting pretty having read and reviewed 11 books out of a total of 12 that I had committed for the challenge. Here are the books read:



From Sawdust to Stardust by Terry Lee Rioux
 Kartography by Kamila Shamsie
To Make the Deaf Hear by S. Irfan Habib
The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
Bodyline by Philip Derriman
Punjab and the Raj (1849-1947) by Ian Talbot
Prison and Chocolate Cake by Nayantara Sahgal
Neither Five Nor Three by Helen MacInnes
Bhagat Singh aur unke Sathiyon ke Dastavez
Bhagat Singh; The Jail Notebook and Other Writings
Bhagat Singh: Select Speeches and Writings

Bev has also asked us to answer one or more questions:

Pair up two of your reads using whatever connection you want to make. Written by the same author? Same genre? Same color cover? Both have a main character named Clarissa? Tell us the books and what makes them a pair.

This year I have been reading a lot about/ by Indian Revolutionary Bhagat Singh. Four of the books read: To Make the Deaf HearBhagat Singh aur unke Sathiyon ke DastavezBhagat Singh; The Jail Notebook and Other WritingsBhagat Singh: Select Speeches and Writings deal with his writings and thoughts. Reading these books has been quite an experience.

8 comments:

  1. Neer, congratulations on almost conquering Mount TBR 2014. The Bhagat Singh books look interesting. I have only read about the great revolutionary in comic books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bhagat Singh has always fascinated me, Prashant. He was so well-read. It's amazing.

      Delete
  2. Well done Neeru - very impressive - wish I was doing as well with my challenges for Bev ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sergio.But you are doing very well with her vintage mystery challenge (and adding a lot to my TBR list:)

      Delete
  3. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing well, Neer, and such variety. I mostly stick with mysteries. I want to read more non-fiction but I have to push myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy. I too enjoy fiction more but this year I am determined to read the non-fiction titles on my shelves.

      Congratulations on winning the third quarterly of the MountTBR challenge.

      Delete