Thursday, January 1, 2015

I am atop Pike's Peak even as I start again

I have conquered Pike's Peak and some more.

Bev's Mount TBR is a challenge designed to conquer the mountains of TBR books on our shelves. I had opted for the smallest mountain: Pike's Peak which meant I had to read at least 12 books from my shelves. Well, I have read 20.

Here are the books read:

From Sawdust to Stardust by Terry Lee Rioux
 Kartography by Kamila Shamsie
To Make the Deaf Hear by S. Irfan Habib
The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
Bodyline by Philip Derriman
Neither Five Nor Three by Helen MacInnes
Punjab and the Raj (1849-1947) by Ian Talbot
Prison and Chocolate Cake by Nayantara Sahgal
Almond Eyes Lotus Feet by Sharada Dwivedi and Shalini Devi Holkar
Bhagat Singh aur Unke Saathiyon ke Dastavez
Bhagat Singh: The Jail Notebook
Bhagat Singh: Select Speeches and Writings
The Fourth Door by Paul Halter
Fire Past the Future by Charles Eric Maine
White Mythologies by Robert Young
What is Cultural History? by Peter Burke
The Merry Month of May by James Jones
Questions you always wanted to ask about English by Maxwell Nurnberg
The Bermuda Triangle by Charles Berlitz
She by H. Rider Haggard
*

I am again ready for mountain climbing this year but the same peak. So 12 books.



Are you also keen to conquer the mountains of unread books on your shelves, sign here.

4 comments:

  1. Neer, a very Happy New Year to you! Many congratulations on completing this and other challenges mentioned in your earlier posts. I need to read more books on my shelves. Like you, I also need to read more books by Indian authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prashant. A very happy new year to you too. I am keen on reading more from Indian languages.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Neeru. And well done on completing the Pike's Peak Challenge. I'll be interested to learn about the books you choose to complete this year's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot. Now to go and search my shelves....

      Delete