Friday, January 2, 2015

Reading Challenge: Diversity on the Shelf



Diversity on the Shelf  is a Reading Challenge that is immensely satisfying to me. Here's what the host -
My Little Pocketbooks - has to say about the challenge:

Any book (by any author) with a main character that is a person of color qualifies for this reading challenge, as well as any book written by an author of color. The goal is to encourage readers have a more diverse reading experience and to support diversity in the publishing industry by reading and reviewing books by or about person of color.

Last year, I successfully completed the first shelf. This year I am aiming for the second shelf which means I'll have to read 7-12 books for the challenge. Interested? Sign-up here.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your DOTS challenge. Please email me at littlepocketbooks at gmail dot com to claim your prize. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alysia. I am very happy. Will mail you soon. Thanks for hosting the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting. I don't know if I can add anymore challenges, but if I did this one would be on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do join the challenge Tracy. As Margot put it, it widens one's horizons.

      Delete