Thursday, February 26, 2015

Reading Challenges: Gentle Spectrums and Ethereal

This year I signed up for a new mystery challenge: My Kind of Mystery and realised to my great delight that the host, Carolyn, has two other exciting challenges too.



  The Gentle Spectrums 2015 Challenge has two parts: In the first we read books which have colours in their titles and in the second we read books that have certain subjects in their titles. I am signing up for both the parts though in the 'limitless pallet' I limit myself to  any 10 colours.

If you are interested, you can find the details over here.


The other challenge, Ethereal 2015, involves the reading of anything that belongs to the following categories:

 ~ Spiritual, mystical, paranormal:  non-fiction, fictional, religious.
~ Serious studies:  dreams, near-death experiences, miracles, astrology.
~ Novels with clergy:  Sister Carol Anne O’Marie, Caroline Roe, Margaret Frazer.
~ Books with animals talking / doing more than what society credits them.
~ Fantasy is certainly otherworldly, as well as witches and fairies.

I am signing up for the Intuition level for this one which means I'll be reading 5-10 books.

Details can be found over here.

There are prizes and other activities for all three challenges as well as bubbling enthusiasm. Have a look and join too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these sound like interesting challenges, Neeru! I'll be keen to see what you think of the books you read for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot. I am excited about the challenges too.

      Delete