Monday, September 21, 2015

A Baker's Dozen: Authors Unknown

Do you pick up books by authors you have no idea of? I love to do so, esp. when I feel I might be discovering a hidden gem. Here are thirteen books that I purchased this year with absolutely no idea of the authors. I liked the brief summary on the back cover and so purchased them:































Imaginative cover.


*

Have you read any of these? Which one would you recommend? Depending upon the covers which one would you have picked-up?

*

Part of my A Baker's Dozen series. For other entries, click here.

8 comments:

  1. I must admit I've only heard of one of these writers: C.J. Sansome. Haven't read any though. Judging from the covers I'd pick up NO REST FOR THE DOVE (Gorgeous cover.) and WINTER IN MADRID.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvette, I like the brief summary of WINTER IN MADRID. Hope it turns out to be good.

      Delete
  2. I've taken chances on authors like that, too, Neeru. And sometimes it does pay off handsomely. I like Karin Fossum's work very much, and hope you will, too. Calling Out For You is one of her really good ones, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does pay-off at times Margot. I can recall a couple of books that I picked up without having any idea about their authors and they turned out to be lovely. I picked up the Fossum because of its Indian connect and am very happy that you recommend it so highly too.

      Delete
  3. I may do a post like this for some of the books that I got at the book sale this weekend. Good idea.

    Plots and Errors by Jill McGown is a wonderful book. It is part of a series and I liked every one of them..

    I have not read Fossum but I have some of her books and I have heard that they are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy and your post (on Spy fiction) is lovely too. I am glad that I picked up the Jill McGown book since you recommend it so heartily.

      Delete
  4. I think of Frank Slaughter as a western writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard for the visit. No idea about Slaughter at all but I hope to enjoy the book.

      Delete