Thursday, October 8, 2015

Mount TBR: Check-In

It is time for the third check-in of the year at the Mount TBR challenge hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block.


Well, my progress has been painfully slow this year. I have reviewed only four books from my shelves till date which means I have climbed just one more mile since my last check-in.

Here are the books read:

Ajey Krantikari Rajguru
Amar Shahid Chandrashekhar Azad
Bhagat Singh: Liberation's Blazing Star
Deshdrohi 

Bev has also asked us a few questions:

Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?

Deshdrohi (The Traitor) by Yashpal had been on my TBR mountain the longest - since 1998. the best part of the novel was its locales: From The North-West Frontier in British India, to Afghanistan, to Soviet Russia, to Bombay, to Delhi... it was interesting to read about these places and the changes in society during the war years of the forties. So, all in all, I am glad to have read the book.

4 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I'm doing terrible at this challenge. I have read less books total, than you in one month. Keep trying though, as I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Freda for the encouraging words. It'd be a pity indeed if I am unable to scale even the smallest mountain of the challenge. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for checking in! Glad you were able to get at least one more book in this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev. I am reading a couple of books from my shelves right now, so I do intend scaling my small little hill.

      Delete