Sunday, January 31, 2016

European Reading Challenge: Wrap-Up and Sign-Up

The European Reading Challenge is hosted by Rose City Reader, the requirement of the challenge being that you read books either by a European author or set in a European country. In 2015, I read 8 books for the challenge.

Here are the books read:

1. England (UK): The Two Sisters by H.E. Bates
2. Germany: Stealthy Terror by John Ferguson
3. Italy: The Lessons by Naomi Alderman
4. Spain: The Cradle Song by G. Martinez Sierra
5. Russia: Mother by Maxim Gorky
6. France: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
7. Sweden: The Farm by Tom Rob Smith
8. Ireland: From a Clear Blue Sky: Surviving the Mountbatten Bomb by Timothy Knatchbull

*

I am signing up for the challenge once again in 2016. You can find the details over here.



8 comments:

  1. You did some fantastic reading, Neeru! I like the fact that your reading includes books set in different parts of Europe, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot. I love reading books in translation.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back for 2016! Your books look great! Les Miserables has been a goal of mine for a long time but I never seem to turn my attention to it. I should.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. Love this challenge. Les Miserable is great esp the characters of Javert and Jean Val Jean but the way the text goes off-tangent at crucial moments....

      Delete
  3. That is impressive, Neer. Congratulations! I plan to read "Les Miserables" as soon as I can, or am in the mood for some classics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prashant. I hope you get the time to read Les Miserable soon.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on finishing!

    I don't know if you linked this post (now that you are done) to the wrap up page (http://www.rosecityreader.com/2015/12/2016-european-reading-challenge-wrap-up.html). If you did, thank you and I apologize. I had a problem and lost all the links. Please visit the page again and re-link your post.

    If you had not posted your link on the wrap up page, please do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gilion

      This was last year's. I hope to write a wrap-up for this year soon. thanks for hosting the challenge year after year.

      Delete