Thursday, July 7, 2016

An A (so far) in The Reading Assignment Challenge



I am faring awfully bad at virtually all the reading challenges I have joined this year. But the one challenge that I am somehow managing to hang on to is The Reading Assignment challenge hosted by Michelle and Berls.

I have been able to read six preselected books in the first half of 2016, one for each month. Here are the books read:

1. Outlaws by Javier Cercas  (January)

2. Jaya: An Illustrated Re-Telling of the Mahabharata by Devdutt Patnaik  (February)

3.  Understanding Bhagat Singh by Chaman Lal  (March)

4. Bhai and Bhabi of Bhagat Singh: A Biography of Bhagwati Charan Vohra and Durga Bhabi by Malwinderjit Singh Waraich   (April)




I enjoyed almost all the books though I am more delighted at the fact that till date I have been able to keep up with this challenge. Six down, six more to go....

6 comments:

  1. I"m glad you are making progress on that challenge, Neeru. I admire the way you take on so many reading challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margot. You have always been very encouraging.

      Delete
  2. You and I are in the same boat Neeru :) I also am failing at pretty much every challenge (and all things blog related) EXCEPT this challenge. I'm going to say that means this is thebest one lol. Good luck 3rd quarter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Berl. I have been able to read the July book too, so it is still an A:) Good luck to you too for the rest of the year.

      Delete
  3. Neer, I like the way you incorporate Indian authors into your reading. I got to start reading Indian fiction far more often than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prashant. My reading is pretty dismal this year):

      Delete