Saturday, September 2, 2017

Waste of Time: The Cry by Helen Fitzgerald

The Cry The Cry by Helen Fitzgerald
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Do people really like such books? Peopled with unsympathetic character; alternating narrative by hysterical women; it being thrust down our throats that in an extra-marital relationship, the man is the villain - not the wife, not the mistress who, poor things, are nothing but victims and given a chance can actually like each other and be friends; the supposedly BIG reveal turning out to be a damp squib, something that you had guessed right from the beginning; Philosophical posing such as 'we cannot build our happiness on somebody's sorrows' but can apparently get away with murder.....

Oh God! I just want this book out of my system.

*

First Line: It was the fault of the airport security.

View all my reviews

8 comments:

  1. So, tell us what you really think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Thanks. You made my day.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! I'm sorry to hear you disliked this so much, Neeru. Well, no boot is for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Margot but this one simply didn't work for me.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I would like this type of book either, neer, but to be fair I don't give them a chance usually. I have too many other books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do the right thing, Tracy. Wish I could be so immune to glowing reviews too.

      Delete
  4. I had heard good things about this so went to check it out. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/book-review-the-cry-by-helen-fitzgerald-8815387.html

    I guess no book is for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patti, this has received such glowing reviews. I should have known better after that girl with the dragon tattoo who was on a train...

      Delete