This year, I am again signing up for the Back to the Classics Challenge @ Books and Chocolate. And will link-up the books read in this post itself.
Well, the 31st of December has dawned, and I have been able to complete only six of the 12 categories. Here are the books read:
1. A 20th century classic - any book published between 1900 and 1968. Just like last year, all books MUST have been published at least 50 years ago to qualify: LONELY MAGDALEN by HENRY WADE (1940)
2. A classic by a woman author. THE CLOCK STRIKES TWELVE by PATRICIA WENTWORTH
3. A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction. THE EMPEROR'S SNUFF BOX by JOHN DICKSON CARR
4. A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction. WHILE SHE SLEEPS by ETHEL LINA WHITE. (Ayoung woman travels to London and Switzerland with murderers on her heel).
5. A classic with a color in the title. THE MYSTERY OF THE YELLOW ROOM by GASTON LEROUX
6. A classic by an author that's new to you. Choose an author you've never read before. THE DINER'S CLUB by SAPPER.
I plan to do better in the 2019 edition which I'll be signing-up soon. If you want to sign-up for 2019 too, here are the details.